Sunday, October 7, 2012 at Fox 50 Family Fest 1-5 pm
Ol’ Bull River at American Tobacco in Downtown Durham
Purchase your duck here: http://iffsduckrace.eventbrite.com/
All proceeds from this purchase go to Inter-Faith Food Shuttle.
- You can purchase a single duck or as many as you want. Individual ducks are $10 each and Corporate ducks are $250. On the day of the event the ducks will be simultaneously released to race swiftly down the Ol’ Bull River. More information and contest rules here.
- Prizes include Charlotte Bobcats vs. Miami Heat Basketball Tickets, Duke Men’s Basketball Tickets, tickets to see a Broadway Show at the DPAC and more! There’s even a prize for the “Best Decorated Duck!”
How to Claim Your Duck(s) after purchase:
- Option 1 – Bring your receipt to the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, 1001 Blair Dr., Raleigh, by Sept. 28th, M-F 9am – 5pm
- Option 2 – Bring your receipt on the day of the event, Sun. Oct. 7th, 1pm – 3:30pm
What Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Does in Durham
Your duck purchase will help support Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s work to end hunger in Durham and throughout our service area including Durham, Wake, Orange, Chatham, Johnston, Edgecombe, and Nash counties. In Durham, we fight hunger through:
- Food Recovery and Distribution & Mobile Markets: We distribute free fresh produce through our numerous partner agencies in Durham as well as our monthly Mobile Markets at West Durham Baptist Church and Iglesia El Buen Pastor.
- Community Gardens: In the West End Neighborhood, IFFS works with and employs neighborhood youth to grow food. Our corporate community garden at BCBSNC grows food for IFFS’s Plant a Row for the Hungry program, which is distributed to agencies in Durham that feed the hungry.
- Nutrition Education: We teach nutrition through Food Matters healthy cooking demonstrations at our monthly Mobile Markets and through Cooking Matters classes at community organizations like the Durham Teen Center, Durham Housing Authority, and Bull City Fit at the Edison Johnson Recreational Center.
- BackPack Buddies: We provide weekend meals for children in need at Eastway Elementary, Y.E. Smith Elementary, Glenn Elementary, C.C. Spaulding Elementary, Forestview Elementary, and the John Avery Boys & Girls Club.
- In-School Pantries at Southern High School, Northern High School, Hillside New Technical High School, and Neal Middle School.